The Bible god is not God
Andrew W
2007-03-18 01:03:14 UTC
There are many indicators showing that the Christian Bible god is not the
true Creator, and below is one of the most obvious ones. Why Christians
insist on being so blind no one knows for sure.

The Bible God threatened to kill his children just for being misled into
disobedience by his worst enemy (who shouldn't have been there in the first
place).

Parents should never threaten to kill their children.
It destroys the necessary paradigm of love, caring and wantedness which
parents are responsible for maintaining.
--
Andrew W.

Jesus said that we must search everywhere for the truth.
How naive and foolish is the man who thinks he can get all the answers to
life from one convenient book.

What we are told God and Jesus said, they did not say.
http://www.divinelove.org/volume1/Mission.htm
TABLE OF CONTENTS. Must read!
http://www.divinelove.org/revnt/Rev-TOC-title.htm

The true Creator wants us to be happy and abundant.
http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/The_Science_of_Getting_Rich
Audio version. http://website.lineone.net/~cornerstone/richaudio.htm

Think you know what ego is? Think again. The Bible is full of it!
http://www.fipdata.org/index.html

Religion Exposed!
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~ajwerner
Mark Earnest
Mettas Mother
2007-03-18 04:19:51 UTC
the holy book of pornography?
go.
Mark T
2007-03-18 04:23:38 UTC
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........

NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE (KJV)

1 Samuel

David vows to kill "any that pisseth against the wall." 25:22, 34

1 Kings

God promises to "bring evil upon the house of Jerobaom" and says he will
"cut off" anyone "that pisseth against the wall." 14:10

Zimri kills everyone "that pisseth against a wall ... according to the word
of the Lord." 16:11-12

God promises to "bring evil upon thee" and to "cut off" all those "that
pisseth against the wall." 21:21

2 Kings

God says that the "whole house of Ahab shall perish," and that he "will cut
off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall." 9:8

This verse speaks of eating and drinking one's own bodily waste products.
Charming. 18:27

Psalms

The psalmist asks God to " do unto them as unto the Midianites ... which
became as dung for the earth." 83:9-18

Isaiah

People eating "their own dung" and drinking "their own piss" 36:12

Ezekiel

God tells Ezekiel to eat barley cakes that are made with "the dung that
cometh out of man." (Yum!) 4:12

God trades "cow's dung for man's dung" and then he tells Ezekiel to make
bread out of the cow's dung. 4:15

Malachi

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." 2:3

Matthew

Jesus calls his adversaries a "generation of vipers." 12:34

Jesus calls the Pharisees "hypocrites, wicked, and adulterous." 15:2-3

Jesus speaks harshly of his disciples when they fail to cast out the devil,
saying "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you?"
17:17

Jesus calls his critics fools, hypocrites, serpents, vipers, kiilers of the
prophets, and just about every other name he can think of. 23:17-37

Luke

Jesus calls his critics fools, thus making himself, by his own standards
(Mt.5:22), worthy of "hell fire." 11:40

The man (whoever he was) who talked with the two unnamed apostles on the way
to Emmaus calls them "fools," thereby making himself a candidate for "hell
fire." (Mt.5:22) 24:25

John

Jesus calls his opponents (the Jews) the sons of the devil. 8:44

Acts

"And when they [the Jews of Corinth] opposed themselves, and blasphemed, he
[Paul] shook his raiment, and said unto them, Your blood be upon your own
heads." (Have a nice day?) 18:6

Paul says, "God will smite thee, thou whited wall." 23:3

Romans

Paul calls people fools, thus making himself worthy of "hell fire."
(Mt.5:22) 1:22

1 Corinthians

Paul calls people fools, thereby making himself eligible for "hell fire"
(according to the words of Jesus in Mt.5:22). 15:36

Galatians

Paul calls the Galatians "foolish" and thus makes himself worthy of hell
fire. (Mt.5:22) 3:1

"I would they were even cut off which trouble you." The New Revised Standard
Version translates this verse as: "I wish those who unsettle you would
castrate themselves!" 5:12

Philippians

"Beware of dogs ... beware of the concision." I'm not sure who Paul is
calling "dogs" here. Some say he is referring to Jews -- to those of "the
concision", as opposed to Christians, who are of the "true circumcision". In
any case, Paul is expressing hostility and intolerance toward his fellow
human beings. 3:2

Titus

According to Paul, the people of Crete are "always liars, evil beasts, slow
bellies." 1:12

To Paul, Jews are unruly liars "whose mouths must be stopped." 1:10-11

Philemon

Paul says that "the bowels of the saints are refreshed by "Philemon." 1:7

Paul asks Philemon to receive Onesimus just as though he were Paul's very
"own bowels." 1:12

Paul pleads with Philemon to "refresh [his] bowels in the Lord." Amen 1:20

James

James calls his readers a bunch of "adulterers and adulteresses." 4:4

3 John

John says he "will remember his [Diotrephes] deeds ... pratting against us
with malicious words." 1:10

Adapted from http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
--
My Blog - - my thoughts on Christianity/ song covers & pics & links
http://www.blognow.com.au/strooth/

My Soundclick Page - download my original songs in mp3 format
http://www.soundclick.com/marktindall
Mark Earnest
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
Andrew W
2007-03-18 09:19:31 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
You only believe man is unholy because your Bible told you so.
I suppose you believe the company spiel that the Bible is the "word"(tm) of
the Creator.

The Bible in many cases contradicts reality. Which are you going to believe,
reality or a book?

Mark Earnest
2007-03-18 19:19:26 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
You only believe man is unholy because your Bible told you so.
No, rather because God told me. And God does often speak through the Bible,
the holiest of all books.
Post by Andrew W
I suppose you believe the company spiel that the Bible is the "word"(tm) of
the Creator.
Not exactly. God is not the Bible, but he does speak to one as one reads or
listens to it.
Post by Andrew W
The Bible in many cases contradicts reality. Which are you going to believe,
reality or a book?
The Bible does not contradict reality. It is reality. And that is why man
so often cannot stand it. Man wants the easy way.
Jeckyl
2007-03-18 22:32:48 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as
holy
things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
You only believe man is unholy because your Bible told you so.
No, rather because God told me. And God does often speak through the Bible,
the holiest of all books.
That is the sort of thing that people get psychiatric help to cure.
Post by Mark Earnest
Not exactly. God is not the Bible, but he does speak to one as one reads or
listens to it.
So reading a particular book allows god to speak to you .. and that without
reading the particular book, god cannot speak to you?
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
The Bible in many cases contradicts reality. Which are you going to
believe, reality or a book?
The Bible does not contradict reality. It is reality. And that is why man
so often cannot stand it. Man wants the easy way.
There are many contradictions within the bible itself, as well as with what
we now know and observe to be true. If one understands the bible as a book
written be ancient peoples based on their own understanding of the universe,
then that makes sense. If you claim it is the inerrant word of God, then it
doesn't.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-18 22:55:59 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as
holy
things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
You only believe man is unholy because your Bible told you so.
No, rather because God told me. And God does often speak through the Bible,
the holiest of all books.
That is the sort of thing that people get psychiatric help to cure.
God's voice is the ultimate premise. If you do not know it, you know
nothing,
and nothing at all.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
or
listens to it.
So reading a particular book allows god to speak to you .. and that without
reading the particular book, god cannot speak to you?
The Bible gets you on the right track...so you can always hear God speak to
you.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
The Bible in many cases contradicts reality. Which are you going to
believe, reality or a book?
The Bible does not contradict reality. It is reality. And that is why man
so often cannot stand it. Man wants the easy way.
There are many contradictions within the bible itself, as well as with what
we now know and observe to be true.
No, there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible. People who think
they are are in fact applying their own definitions to words, rather than
understanding what God is really saying. Not to mention allowable
differences in perspective.

Post by Jeckyl
written be ancient peoples based on their own understanding of the universe,
then that makes sense. If you claim it is the inerrant word of God, then it
doesn't.
The inerrant word of God is not the Bible itself, since the Bible is just
paper.
The inerrant word of God, rather, is what one hears in his heart, mind and
soul as he reads or hears the Bible.
Mark T
2007-03-18 23:02:58 UTC
"Mark Earnest" <***@yahoo.com> wroteth earnestly but incorrectly:

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be
like unto him.

Proverbs 26: 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his
own conceit.

I have chosen Proverbs 26:5
Post by Mark Earnest
there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!

Use http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
--
BIBLE - the Fundamentalist Golden Calf which comes in a Trew Kristyun
version that you can supersize with added fries (in Hell).

Mark Earnest
Couldn't prove it; didn't think so.
Mark T
2007-03-19 00:03:14 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
Couldn't prove it; didn't think so.
EASY to prove that the bible has errors!!!!

Read the following:

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
http://1001errors.com/index.html
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/absurd.html
http://members.aol.com/ckbloomfld/index.html
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html
http://www.fundamentalists-anonymous.org/
http://leavingfundamentalism.org/index.htm
http://www.infidels.org/library/magazines/tsr/1991/1/1boobo91.html
http://www.angelfire.com/on2/strike/links.htm
http://www.bidstrup.com/bible2.htm

When you're finshed with these I have hundreds more.

Jeckyl
2007-03-19 00:25:37 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Couldn't prove it; didn't think so.
EASY to prove that the bible has errors!!!!
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
http://1001errors.com/index.html
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/absurd.html
http://members.aol.com/ckbloomfld/index.html
http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/donald_morgan/inconsistencies.html
http://www.fundamentalists-anonymous.org/
http://leavingfundamentalism.org/index.htm
http://www.infidels.org/library/magazines/tsr/1991/1/1boobo91.html
http://www.angelfire.com/on2/strike/links.htm
http://www.bidstrup.com/bible2.htm
That should keep him busy .. unless he doesn't actually bother reading them,
because he assumes any claim of inerrancy in the bible must, by definition,
be wrong, because the bible is inerrant. That's the typical sort of
circular reasoning that is used in such cases.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 01:05:34 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
Couldn't prove it; didn't think so.
EASY to prove that the bible has errors!!!!
Give them to me one at a time.
I don't have time for all that b.s.
But I warn you, I have argued these
with die hard atheists for many years.
Mark T
2007-03-19 02:41:48 UTC

Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
EASY to prove that the bible has errors!!!!
Give them to me one at a time.
READ them one at a time.... if you are able to read.

Post by Mark Earnest
I don't have time for all that b.s.
I don't have time to waste on fundamentalist bullshit.

I also don't use euphemisms like "b.s." for "bullshit".

All truth is God's truth.

All that is not true is not from God even if it is in the Bible.
Post by Mark Earnest
But I warn you, I have argued these with die hard atheists for many years.
So???? I'm a Christian and have been since 1972. My background is in
education (K-12 & adult), philosophy and the arts. I have also studied the
history of ancient Israel at uni and came away with lots of historical
contradictions in the Old Testament. Try me. ;-)

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 03:06:51 UTC
Post by Mark T
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also
be like unto him.
Proverbs 26: 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in
his own conceit.
I have chosen Proverbs 26:5
Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother
without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say
to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall
say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
EASY to prove that the bible has errors!!!!
Give them to me one at a time.
READ them one at a time.... if you are able to read.
I don't have time to wade through human debris.

Evidently you chickened out.
Post by Mark Earnest
But I warn you, I have argued these with die hard atheists for many years.
So???? I'm a Christian and have been since 1972.
A Christian that puts down the Christian book?
You've got to be kidding. On what do you
base your faith?

My background is in
Mark T
2007-03-19 03:14:22 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also
be like unto him.
Proverbs 26: 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in
his own conceit.
I have chosen Proverbs 26:5
Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother
without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say
to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall
say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
"Ah, brother," said the confessor, "don't you know that whoever calls his
brother Raca is liable to hell fire? Now you have the misfortune to lead
anyone who reads you into immediate temptation to call you Raca. ... "
(Voltaire -The Jesuit Berthia)
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
I'm a Christian and have been since 1972.
A Christian that puts down the Christian book?
You've got to be kidding. On what do you
base your faith?
The infinite One God Yahweh as the Christ stated ....

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God {YAHWEH NOT YAHWEH'S HUMAN MESSIAH]
with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is
the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your
neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two
commandments." Matthew 22:37-40

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF A FUNDAMENTALIST

... quoting from James Barr's book "Fundamentalism" on the three
distinguishing features of the Fundamentalist:

'Firstly, a fundamentalist has a very strong emphasis on the inerrancy of
the Bible, and believes in the absence from it of any sort of error.

Two, a strong hostility to modern theology and to the method, results and
implications of modern critical study of the Bible.

And three, an assurance that those who do not share their religious
viewpoint are not really true Christians at all.'

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 03:36:55 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also
be like unto him.
Proverbs 26: 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in
his own conceit.
I have chosen Proverbs 26:5
Mt:5:22: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother
without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say
to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall
say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
"Ah, brother," said the confessor, "don't you know that whoever calls his
brother Raca is liable to hell fire? Now you have the misfortune to lead
anyone who reads you into immediate temptation to call you Raca. ... "
(Voltaire -The Jesuit Berthia)
You called me a fool. I did not say to you, Raca.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
I'm a Christian and have been since 1972.
A Christian that puts down the Christian book?
You've got to be kidding. On what do you
base your faith?
The infinite One God Yahweh as the Christ stated ....
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God {YAHWEH NOT YAHWEH'S HUMAN MESSIAH]
with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is
the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your
neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two
commandments." Matthew 22:37-40
That came out the Bible that you say is flawed.
How can anyone believe anything you say...when your
proof comes out of a supposedly flawed book?
Post by Mark T
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF A FUNDAMENTALIST
... quoting from James Barr's book "Fundamentalism" on the three
'Firstly, a fundamentalist has a very strong emphasis on the inerrancy of
the Bible, and believes in the absence from it of any sort of error.
Face it. There has to be something holy in this world...some way of being
sure as to what God says to all of us as a people.
Post by Mark T
Two, a strong hostility to modern theology and to the method, results and
implications of modern critical study of the Bible.
Christians will fight hard anyone that puts down God's word and the method
for obtaining it.
Post by Mark T
And three, an assurance that those who do not share their religious
viewpoint are not really true Christians at all.'
Again, how can you be a Christian without the Christian book?
The Bible is the Christian meat, bread and butter, or at least his way of
obtaining it.
Mark T
2007-03-19 03:54:22 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
"Ah, brother," said the confessor, "don't you know that whoever calls his
brother Raca is liable to hell fire? Now you have the misfortune to lead
anyone who reads you into immediate temptation to call you Raca. ... "
(Voltaire -The Jesuit Berthia)
You called me a fool.
Raca / fool same thing.

I called you a fool because you are a fool.

Words have meaning.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
I'm a Christian and have been since 1972.
A Christian that puts down the Christian book?
You've got to be kidding. On what do you base your faith?
The infinite One God Yahweh as the Christ stated ....
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God {YAHWEH NOT YAHWEH'S >>HUMAN
MESSIAH} with all your heart and with all your soul and with all
your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is
like >> it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the
Prophets hang on these >> two commandments." Matthew 22:37-40
That came out the Bible that you say is flawed.
Yep! Some parts of the Bible are true but not all of it.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF A FUNDAMENTALIST
... quoting from James Barr's book "Fundamentalism" on the three
'Firstly, a fundamentalist has a very strong emphasis on the inerrancy of
the Bible, and believes in the absence from it of any sort of error.
Face it. There has to be something holy in this world...some way of being
sure as to what God says to all of us as a people.
That "something" is the infinite One God Yahweh not a finite fallible
man-made book.

You are looking for surety in a BOOK rather than GOD.

THAT's foolish!!!!!

The sacrifice that pleases God is that which engages the mind. (Romans
12:1).
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Two, a strong hostility to modern theology and to the method, results and
implications of modern critical study of the Bible.
Christians will fight hard anyone that puts down God's word and the method
for obtaining it.
You are living in the past. All truth is God's truth. God's truth is that
the Bible is man-made and fallible and NOT "God's word".
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
And three, an assurance that those who do not share their religious
viewpoint are not really true Christians at all.'
Again, how can you be a Christian without the Christian book?
Easy!

How was Abraham the Father of Faith WITHOUT A BIBLE?????

Same for me.
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is the Christian meat, bread and butter, or at least his way of
obtaining it.
Is it?

Jesus didn't say so. The Bible wasn't written when Jesus was alive. How
did the apostles and the many other Christians become Christians without a
Bible????
--
The Bible ...[is] ... a collection of human responses to God (very human,
some of them all too human), which we are at liberty to use in the process

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 04:12:59 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
"Ah, brother," said the confessor, "don't you know that whoever calls his
brother Raca is liable to hell fire? Now you have the misfortune to lead
anyone who reads you into immediate temptation to call you Raca. ... "
(Voltaire -The Jesuit Berthia)
You called me a fool.
Raca / fool same thing.
I called you a fool because you are a fool.
Mt:5:22: but whosoever> > shall > say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of
hell fire.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
I'm a Christian and have been since 1972.
A Christian that puts down the Christian book?
You've got to be kidding. On what do you base your faith?
The infinite One God Yahweh as the Christ stated ....
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God {YAHWEH NOT YAHWEH'S >>HUMAN
MESSIAH} with all your heart and with all your soul and with all
your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is
like >> it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the
Prophets hang on these >> two commandments." Matthew 22:37-40
That came out the Bible that you say is flawed.
Yep! Some parts of the Bible are true but not all of it.
Either the book is flawed or it isn't. One flaw is quite enough to keep it
away from perfection. You are asking us to believe something from what you
say is a flawed source. You may as well tell us to drink from a poisoned
brook.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF A FUNDAMENTALIST
... quoting from James Barr's book "Fundamentalism" on the three
'Firstly, a fundamentalist has a very strong emphasis on the inerrancy of
the Bible, and believes in the absence from it of any sort of error.
Face it. There has to be something holy in this world...some way of being
sure as to what God says to all of us as a people.
That "something" is the infinite One God Yahweh not a finite fallible
man-made book.
That limits God to whatever you can say of him from your unruly imagination.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Two, a strong hostility to modern theology and to the method, results and
implications of modern critical study of the Bible.
Christians will fight hard anyone that puts down God's word and the method
for obtaining it.
You are living in the past. All truth is God's truth. God's truth is that
the Bible is man-made and fallible and NOT "God's word".
Then you have no way of proving anything you say to anyone.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
And three, an assurance that those who do not share their religious
viewpoint are not really true Christians at all.'
Again, how can you be a Christian without the Christian book?
Easy!
How was Abraham the Father of Faith WITHOUT A BIBLE?????
He had what there was of the Bible in his day. Holy writings from his
forefathers.
Not to mention direct contact with God in the flesh.
Post by Mark T
Same for me.
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is the Christian meat, bread and butter, or at least his way of
obtaining it.
Is it?
Jesus didn't say so. The Bible wasn't written when Jesus was alive. How
did the apostles and the many other Christians become Christians without a
Bible????
They had what there then was of the Bible: the Old Testament.
AND they had direct, physical contact with the Bible's author himself.
Mark T
2007-03-19 04:25:50 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
"Ah, brother," said the confessor, "don't you know that whoever calls
his brother Raca is liable to hell fire? Now you have the misfortune
lead anyone who reads you into immediate temptation to call you Raca.
... "
(Voltaire -The Jesuit Berthia)
You called me a fool.
Raca / fool same thing.
I called you a fool because you are a fool.
Mt:5:22: but whosoever> > shall > say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of
hell fire.
I'll be in good company as Jesus also used the term "fool" to describe
people like you..
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Some parts of the Bible are true but not all of it.
Either the book is flawed or it isn't. One flaw is quite enough to keep it
away from perfection.
Ype! the bible has hundreds of flaws so therefore it IS flawed.
Post by Mark Earnest
You are asking us to believe something from what you
say is a flawed source.
Nope. I'm asking you believe truth over all other things. All truth is
God's truth. Some truth is conmtained in the bible but error is also in the
bible. One must love truth above all else including the flawed bible.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
sure as to what God says to all of us as a people.
That "something" is the infinite One God Yahweh not a finite fallible
man-made book.
That limits God to whatever you can say of him from your unruly imagination.
Nope. It limits God to truth. All truth is God's truth. Truth is the
standard. The flawed man-made fallible bible is NOT the standard.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
You are looking for surety in a BOOK rather than GOD.
THAT's foolish!!!!!
Mt:5:22: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell
fire.
Read ya bible!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matthew

Jesus calls his adversaries a "generation of vipers." 12:34

Jesus calls the Pharisees "hypocrites, wicked, and adulterous." 15:2-3

Jesus speaks harshly of his disciples when they fail to cast out the devil,
saying "O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you?"
17:17

Jesus calls his critics fools, hypocrites, serpents, vipers, kiilers of the
prophets, 23:17-37

Luke

Jesus calls his critics fools 11:40

The man (whoever he was) who talked with the two unnamed apostles on the way
to Emmaus calls them "fools," 24:25

[...]

You are truly a fool!
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
All truth is God's truth. God's truth is that
the Bible is man-made and fallible and NOT "God's word".
Then you have no way of proving anything you say to anyone.
Yes I have!

It's called T R U T H.

All truth is God's truth.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
And three, an assurance that those who do not share their religious
viewpoint are not really true Christians at all.'
Again, how can you be a Christian without the Christian book?
Easy!
How was Abraham the Father of Faith WITHOUT A BIBLE?????
He had what there was of the Bible in his day. Holy writings from his
forefathers.
Prove it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BIBLE TIMELINE

Dates are approximate

3000 BC
- Egyptian songs written that were the source of many of the Psalms

2000 BC
- Eclessiastes written

1900 BC
- Abraham comes to Palestine
- Beginning of oral tradition later recorded in the bible

1375 - 1358 BC
- Reign of Egyptian Pharoah Amenhotep IV ( later called Ikhnaton)
inspiration of much of Moses' writing.

1250 BC
- Moses leads Isrealites out of Egypt

1030 - 1010 BC
- Reign of Saul

1010 - 970 BC
- Reign of David

1000 BC
- Bible begins to be written with Job (fiction)

You truly are a fool!
Post by Mark Earnest
Not to mention direct contact with God in the flesh.
QUE?????
Post by Mark Earnest
AND they had direct, physical contact with the Bible's author himself.
Jesus DIDN"T write the Bible. Fallible human beings did ... and EDITED
it!!!!

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 04:39:56 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
"Ah, brother," said the confessor, "don't you know that whoever calls
his brother Raca is liable to hell fire? Now you have the misfortune
lead anyone who reads you into immediate temptation to call you Raca.
... "
(Voltaire -The Jesuit Berthia)
You called me a fool.
Raca / fool same thing.
I called you a fool because you are a fool.
Mt:5:22: but whosoever> > shall > say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of
hell fire.
I'll be in good company as Jesus also used the term "fool" to describe
people like you..
Jesus has the right to, you don't. Jesus changes the meaning to be a
correction.
You mean it for nothing short of attempted harming of God's people.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Some parts of the Bible are true but not all of it.
Either the book is flawed or it isn't. One flaw is quite enough to keep it
away from perfection.
Ype! the bible has hundreds of flaws so therefore it IS flawed.
And you still use it for proof? That is just not very bright.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
You are asking us to believe something from what you
say is a flawed source.
Nope. I'm asking you believe truth over all other things. All truth is
God's truth. Some truth is conmtained in the bible but error is also in the
bible. One must love truth above all else including the flawed bible.
And who decides the flaws? The money grabbing preachers and Bible
commentators?
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 03:48:08 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
EASY to prove that the bible has errors!!!!
Give them to me one at a time.
READ them one at a time.... if you are able to read.
I don't have time to wade through human debris.
Perhaps you weren't expecting to be flooded with so many contradictions in
your supposedly inerrant book?
Post by Mark Earnest
Evidently you chickened out.
A cowardly response.. you've been given a list of contradictions, and now
you seem to claim there are too many for you to handle and want to waste
everyone's newsgroup bandwidth by posting every single one of them
individually.

If you cannot show every one of them to NOT be a contradictions, then it is
you who have failed.
Mark T
2007-03-19 04:01:59 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!
EASY to prove that the bible has errors!!!!
Give them to me one at a time.
READ them one at a time.... if you are able to read.
I don't have time to wade through human debris.
Perhaps you weren't expecting to be flooded with so many contradictions in
your supposedly inerrant book?
THOUSANDS of the little buggers! ;-)
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Evidently you chickened out.
A cowardly response.. you've been given a list of contradictions, and now
you seem to claim there are too many for you to handle and want to waste
everyone's newsgroup bandwidth by posting every single one of them
individually.
If you cannot show every one of them to NOT be a contradictions, then it
is you who have failed.
Only ONE has to be a contradiction for Mark Earnest's theory to fail ... and
there are many more than one.

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 04:14:01 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Evidently you chickened out.
A cowardly response.. you've been given a list of contradictions, and now
you seem to claim there are too many for you to handle and want to waste
everyone's newsgroup bandwidth by posting every single one of them
individually.
If you cannot show every one of them to NOT be a contradictions, then it is
you who have failed.
If you aren't willing to flood this newsgroup with this deception, I am
certainly
not going to do it for you.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 04:48:19 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
If you aren't willing to flood this newsgroup with this deception,
That is what you seem to be asking us to do.
In other words, you are not up to the challenge.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:00:34 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
I am certainly not going to do it for you.
In other words, you are not up to the challenge.
I said I will argue with you over these deceptions one at a time.
You are the one that chickened out.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 05:23:34 UTC
OK .. shall we flood the newsgroup one post at a time .. if that is what you
want .. fine

To save time .. lets do a couple at a time (hopefully that's not too much
for you to handle) .. from the start of the list at
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_book.html

Gen 1:25-27 - (Humans were created after the other animals.)
Gen 2:18-19 - (Humans were created before the other animals.)

Gen 1:27 - (The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)
Gen 2:18-22 - (The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman
from the man's rib.)

Gen 2:4 - (it took one day to create the heavens and the earth)
Gen 1:3-2:3 - (it took six days to create the heavens and the earth)

Gen 1:11-13,27-32 - (plants created before humans)
Gen 2:4-7 - (plants created after humans)

Gen 1:16-19 - (the stars were made on the fourth day, after the earth)
Job 38:4-7 (the stars were made before the earth)

Gen 1:20-21 - (fowls made from water)
Gen 2:19 - (fowls made from the ground)

Gen 1:25-27 - (humans made after other animals)
Gen 2:18-19 - (humans made before otehr animals)

Gen 1:29 - (adam can eat from every tree)
Gen 2:17 - (there is one tree from which adam may not eat)

Gen 2:17 - (adam will die on the day he eats from the tree of knowledge of
good and evil
Gen 3:6, 5:5 - (adam lives another 930 years after that)

that will do for the first installment.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:51:29 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
OK .. shall we flood the newsgroup one post at a time .. if that is what you
want .. fine
To save time .. lets do a couple at a time (hopefully that's not too much
for you to handle) .. from the start of the list at
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_book.html
Gen 1:25-27 - (Humans were created after the other animals.)
Gen 2:18-19 - (Humans were created before the other animals.)
God created mankind from two points of view: from the physical, local one,
and from the timeless one.
No trouble for an omnipresent, omnipotent God.
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:27 - (The first man and woman were created simultaneously.)
Gen 2:18-22 - (The man was created first, then the animals, then the woman
from the man's rib.)
Same thing.
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 2:4 - (it took one day to create the heavens and the earth)
Gen 1:3-2:3 - (it took six days to create the heavens and the earth)
One refers just to heaven and earth, the other refers to the heavens and the
earth, and all that is in them.
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:11-13,27-32 - (plants created before humans)
Gen 2:4-7 - (plants created after humans)
Timeless God again.
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:16-19 - (the stars were made on the fourth day, after the earth)
Job 38:4-7 (the stars were made before the earth)
One is from the point of view of God's timelessness, 6,000 years ago, and
one
is from the universe's point of view, 11 billion years ago.
BTW, get used to differences in perspective. It will make getting along
with people a lot easier.
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:20-21 - (fowls made from water)
Gen 2:19 - (fowls made from the ground)
Wouldn't it seem as if both were needed?
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:25-27 - (humans made after other animals)
Gen 2:18-19 - (humans made before otehr animals)
God's timelessness again.
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:29 - (adam can eat from every tree)
Gen 2:17 - (there is one tree from which adam may not eat)
God gave man every tree, just one he was given which he may not eat thereof.
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 2:17 - (adam will die on the day he eats from the tree of knowledge of
good and evil
Gen 3:6, 5:5 - (adam lives another 930 years after that)
If you know what death really means, separation from God, then you will
know Adam died the very day he ate of the fruit. What happened at age
930 just finished the task.

As even Paul said, "I die daily."
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 06:34:06 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
To save time .. lets do a couple at a time (hopefully that's not too much
for you to handle) .. from the start of the list at
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_book.html
Gen 1:25-27 - (Humans were created after the other animals.)
Gen 2:18-19 - (Humans were created before the other animals.)
God created mankind from two points of view: from the physical, local one,
and from the timeless one.
Nonsense double-talk .. contradiction remains
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 2:4 - (it took one day to create the heavens and the earth)
Gen 1:3-2:3 - (it took six days to create the heavens and the earth)
One refers just to heaven and earth, the other refers to the heavens and the
earth, and all that is in them.
To . the first say one day for earth and heavens.

Second has one day for firmament (heaven) and one day for the earth and then
another for the stars and the sun and moon and so on.

It canot be one day and several days.
Post by Mark Earnest
BTW, get used to differences in perspective. It will make getting along
with people a lot easier.
Either it was before or after. Get used to it.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:20-21 - (fowls made from water)
Gen 2:19 - (fowls made from the ground)
Wouldn't it seem as if both were needed?
It is still a contradiction, even if it is silly.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:25-27 - (humans made after other animals)
Gen 2:18-19 - (humans made before other animals)
God's timelessness again.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:29 - (Adam can eat from every tree)
Gen 2:17 - (there is one tree from which Adam may not eat)
God gave man every tree, just one he was given which he may not eat thereof.
So God lied when he said man could eat from every tree.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 2:17 - (Adam will die on the day he eats from the tree of knowledge
of
good and evil
Gen 3:6, 5:5 - (Adam lives another 930 years after that)
If you know what death really means, separation from God, then you will
know Adam died the very day he ate of the fruit. What happened at age
930 just finished the task.
More double-speak to obscure the fact that it is a contradiction.

You're really trying hard, but not being at all convincing. Do you really
believe your own bullshit?
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 23:50:54 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
To save time .. lets do a couple at a time (hopefully that's not too much
for you to handle) .. from the start of the list at
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_book.html
Gen 1:25-27 - (Humans were created after the other animals.)
Gen 2:18-19 - (Humans were created before the other animals.)
God created mankind from two points of view: from the physical, local one,
and from the timeless one.
Nonsense double-talk .. contradiction remains
As I thought, unable to counter.
I really thought you would try harder to win the argument.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 2:4 - (it took one day to create the heavens and the earth)
Gen 1:3-2:3 - (it took six days to create the heavens and the earth)
One refers just to heaven and earth, the other refers to the heavens and the
earth, and all that is in them.
To . the first say one day for earth and heavens.
Second has one day for firmament (heaven) and one day for the earth and then
another for the stars and the sun and moon and so on.
It canot be one day and several days.
It can if the one doing it all does not exist in time.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
BTW, get used to differences in perspective. It will make getting along
with people a lot easier.
Either it was before or after. Get used to it.
You get used to a God that can do all things.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 1:29 - (Adam can eat from every tree)
Gen 2:17 - (there is one tree from which Adam may not eat)
God gave man every tree, just one he was given which he may not eat thereof.
So God lied when he said man could eat from every tree.
He didn't say that. He just said every tree was his.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Gen 2:17 - (Adam will die on the day he eats from the tree of knowledge
of
good and evil
Gen 3:6, 5:5 - (Adam lives another 930 years after that)
If you know what death really means, separation from God, then you will
know Adam died the very day he ate of the fruit. What happened at age
930 just finished the task.
More double-speak to obscure the fact that it is a contradiction.
You're really trying hard, but not being at all convincing. Do you really
believe your own bullshit?
You are the one caught without an argument.
I guess you are just not all that smart.
Jeckyl
2007-03-20 00:15:26 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
for you to handle) .. from the start of the list at
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_book.html
Gen 1:25-27 - (Humans were created after the other animals.)
Gen 2:18-19 - (Humans were created before the other animals.)
God created mankind from two points of view: from the physical, local one,
and from the timeless one.
Nonsense double-talk .. contradiction remains
As I thought, unable to counter.
you've not presented anyhitng rational to counter .. just nonsense
double-talk.
Post by Mark Earnest
I really thought you would try harder to win the argument.
If I had something to argue against. Trying to 'win' a non-arguentis like
trying to slam a revolving doro.. you can put in a lot of effort but it just
keeps going around and aounrd and getting nowhere.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
To . the first say one day for earth and heavens.
Second has one day for firmament (heaven) and one day for the earth and
then another for the stars and the sun and moon and so on.
It canot be one day and several days.
It can if the one doing it all does not exist in time.
So the bible is wrong in talking about it in terms of days.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Either it was before or after. Get used to it.
You get used to a God that can do all things.
I don't need ot get used to something that doesn't exist.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
So God lied when he said man could eat from every tree.
He didn't say that. He just said every tree was his.
Ok .. I'll buy that as possible to rationally explain.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
You're really trying hard, but not being at all convincing. Do you really
believe your own bullshit?
You are the one caught without an argument.
You're the one not presenting anything sensible to argue with.
Personal attack noted and ignored.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 03:09:30 UTC
Post by Mark T
All that is not true is not from God even if it is in the Bible.
A very good point. Lack of inerrancy of the bible does not imply lack of
inerrancy in God .. the bible is written by humans, and its errors only
reflect errors in humans. Perhaps there was inspiration from God, perhaps
not. That various religions use the bible as support for their beliefs (or
at least those parts of it that are consistent with what they believe) is
their perogative as a religion. However, making objectivtely false claims
of inerrancy is not productive.
Mark T
2007-03-19 03:36:24 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark T
All that is not true is not from God even if it is in the Bible.
A very good point. Lack of inerrancy of the bible does not imply lack of
inerrancy in God .. the bible is written by humans, and its errors only
reflect errors in humans. Perhaps there was inspiration from God, perhaps
not. That various religions use the bible as support for their beliefs (or
at least those parts of it that are consistent with what they believe) is
their perogative as a religion. However, making objectivtely false claims
of inerrancy is not productive.
Exactly!

Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.

God cannot be reduced to a Bible Verse or a "Jesus Motto".

Jeckyl
2007-03-18 23:36:00 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as
holy
things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
You only believe man is unholy because your Bible told you so.
No, rather because God told me. And God does often speak through the Bible,
the holiest of all books.
That is the sort of thing that people get psychiatric help to cure.
God's voice is the ultimate premise.
premise: assumption

Yep .. people assume god and his 'voice' to be true.
Post by Mark Earnest
If you do not know it, you know
nothing, and nothing at all.
Unfounded assertion. You do not need to 'hear god's voice' to have
knowledge
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
So reading a particular book allows god to speak to you .. and that without
reading the particular book, god cannot speak to you?
The Bible gets you on the right track...so you can always hear God speak to
you.
So you can hear god speak without the bible. So what is the point of
reading it?
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
There are many contradictions within the bible itself, as well as with
what we now know and observe to be true.
No, there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
There are hundreds of contradictions and absudities listed
.
Post by Mark Earnest
People who think they are are in fact applying
their own definitions to words, rather than understanding
what God is really saying.
..
Post by Mark Earnest
The inerrant word of God, rather, is what one hears in his heart, mind and
soul as he reads or hears the Bible.
Aha .. so it is only inerrant if you ignore what is written and listen to
the voices in your head that tell you what god 'reall'y meant?
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 00:03:12 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as
holy
things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
You only believe man is unholy because your Bible told you so.
No, rather because God told me. And God does often speak through the Bible,
the holiest of all books.
That is the sort of thing that people get psychiatric help to cure.
God's voice is the ultimate premise.
premise: assumption
No, no one knows anything at all, and I do mean anything, until he knows the
ultimate premise. Because upon the ultimate premise is based all other
facts.
Knowledge is like a tree. Kind of like branches in a library.
And the ultimate premise, what one hears God says in his heart, is the trunk
of that tree.
Post by Mark Earnest
If you do not know it, you know
nothing, and nothing at all.
Unfounded assertion. You do not need to 'hear god's voice' to have
knowledge
There is no other way to knowledge. All assertions have to be based upon
something, that is, all assertions have to be based on some premise.
And all premises need to be based ultimately...on the ultimate premise,
which
necessarily stands as proof of itself.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
So reading a particular book allows god to speak to you .. and that without
reading the particular book, god cannot speak to you?
The Bible gets you on the right track...so you can always hear God speak to
you.
So you can hear god speak without the bible. So what is the point of
reading it?
We read the Bible as a foundation, something with which to test all further
hearings of what God says.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
There are many contradictions within the bible itself, as well as with
what we now know and observe to be true.
No, there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
There are hundreds of contradictions and absudities listed
Nope, that is where you are absolutely wrong. There are emphatically
no contradictions in the whole and entire Bible. It just seems that way
sometimes when we are not entirely sure as to what it is saying. Is also
seems that way sometimes when the same thing is given from different
perspectives, as is the case with the four gospels.

And absurdities? There is nothing absurd about miracles. We even need them
to survive.
Post by Jeckyl
.
Post by Mark Earnest
The inerrant word of God, rather, is what one hears in his heart, mind and
soul as he reads or hears the Bible.
Aha .. so it is only inerrant if you ignore what is written and listen to
the voices in your head that tell you what god 'reall'y meant?
Nope, all words from God should be tested against the scripture.
That is why it...meaning the scripture...is even there to begin with.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 00:34:25 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
God's voice is the ultimate premise.
premise: assumption
No, no one knows anything at all, and I do mean anything, until he knows the
ultimate premise.
That is easily disproved. There is much known by many without god or his
voice being involved.
Post by Mark Earnest
Because upon the ultimate premise is based all other
facts.
There is no fact that supports that premise.
Post by Mark Earnest
Knowledge is like a tree.
And life is like a box of choclates
Post by Mark Earnest
Kind of like branches in a library.
And the ultimate premise, what one hears God says in his heart, is the trunk
of that tree.
There is no scientific knowledge based on the premise that god exists.
Post by Mark Earnest
If you do not know it, you know
nothing, and nothing at all.
Unfounded assertion. You do not need to 'hear god's voice' to have
knowledge
There is no other way to knowledge.
Unfounded assertion. Sceience is the best way to knowledge
Post by Mark Earnest
All assertions have to be based upon
something that is, all assertions have to be based on some premise.
Yes .. and in the sceiences, that is never god.
Post by Mark Earnest
And all premises need to be based ultimately...on the ultimate premise,
Unfounded assertion. There is no 'ultimate premise' required. The only
premises required are those that are actually used in a scientific arugment.
Post by Mark Earnest
which necessarily stands as proof of itself.
Circular Waffle.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
So you can hear god speak without the bible. So what is the point of
reading it?
We read the Bible as a foundation, something with which to test all further
hearings of what God says.
Difficult to test when the bible is self-contradictory in many cases. That
is why so many different and self-contradictory ideas pass the 'test' of the
bible.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
There are many contradictions within the bible itself, as well as with
what we now know and observe to be true.
No, there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible.
There are hundreds of contradictions and absudities listed
Nope, that is where you are absolutely wrong.
You are in denail of the facts
Post by Mark Earnest
There are emphatically no contradictions
in the whole and entire Bible.
There are.. they have been documented. No matter how much you emphattically
deny it
Post by Mark Earnest
It just seems that way sometimes when we
are not entirely sure as to what it is saying.
We do not know what is said becase the bible is self-contradictory.
Post by Mark Earnest
And absurdities? There is nothing absurd about miracles.
They are completely abusrd. They are simply labelled as 'miracle' because
they are unlikely.
Post by Mark Earnest
We even need them to survive.
We need no miracles at all .. as there is no such thing. We need reality.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Aha .. so it is only inerrant if you ignore what is written and listen to
the voices in your head that tell you what god 'reall'y meant?
Nope, all words from God should be tested against the scripture.
You can justify almost anything be appealing to scripture as it is
self-contradictory and ambiguous. it is a very poor document for 'testing'
anything.
Post by Mark Earnest
That is why it...meaning the scripture...is even there to begin with.
I thought the scripture was supposed to be the word of god .. not a means of
testing the word of god. Why would you Need to test the word of God .. do
you not trust him? Do you need to compare God's word to a human-written
before accepting what God says?
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 01:19:45 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
God's voice is the ultimate premise.
premise: assumption
No, no one knows anything at all, and I do mean anything, until he knows the
ultimate premise.
That is easily disproved. There is much known by many without god or his
voice being involved.
No, hardly anyone knows anything, because they have no idea of what an
ultimate premise is...or does.

Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
No one knows that, because they don't know the ultimate premise.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Because upon the ultimate premise is based all other
facts.
There is no fact that supports that premise.
That is because it is ultimate premise, which needs no support.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Knowledge is like a tree.
And life is like a box of choclates
Maybe so.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Kind of like branches in a library.
And the ultimate premise, what one hears God says in his heart, is the trunk
of that tree.
There is no scientific knowledge based on the premise that god exists.
No, but all scientific knowledge is based upon what God said to some
scientist's heart.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
If you do not know it, you know
nothing, and nothing at all.
Unfounded assertion. You do not need to 'hear god's voice' to have
knowledge
There is no other way to knowledge.
Unfounded assertion. Sceience is the best way to knowledge
Modern science? It is so screwed up that...37 years after landing a man on
the Moon, we are still in Earth orbit.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
All assertions have to be based upon
something that is, all assertions have to be based on some premise.
Yes .. and in the sceiences, that is never god.
A fact can only exist if it is based on yet another fact, a premise. And
that premise has to be based on yet another premise..and so on...until you
get to something God said..the ultimate premise, which needs no further
proof.
Post by Mark Earnest
which necessarily stands as proof of itself.
Circular Waffle.
No, some things have to stand on their own...or nothing stands.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
is why so many different and self-contradictory ideas pass the 'test' of the
bible.
Unfounded assertion. There are no contradictions in the Bible.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
There are emphatically no contradictions
in the whole and entire Bible.
There are.. they have been documented. No matter how much you
emphattically
Post by Jeckyl
deny it
Prove it.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
It just seems that way sometimes when we
are not entirely sure as to what it is saying.
We do not know what is said becase the bible is self-contradictory.
No it isn't.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
And absurdities? There is nothing absurd about miracles.
They are completely abusrd. They are simply labelled as 'miracle' because
they are unlikely.
Gravity is a miracle. Did you ever wonder what exactly holds you to the
ground?
Scientists are still at a loss to explain it.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Aha .. so it is only inerrant if you ignore what is written and listen to
the voices in your head that tell you what god 'reall'y meant?
Nope, all words from God should be tested against the scripture.
You can justify almost anything be appealing to scripture as it is
self-contradictory and ambiguous. it is a very poor document for 'testing'
anything.
Then you have no ultimate premise...and therefore know nothing.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
That is why it...meaning the scripture...is even there to begin with.
I thought the scripture was supposed to be the word of god .. not a means of
testing the word of god.
Scripture merely gets you to the word of God. You have to hear it in your
heart
to properly access the Word.

Why would you Need to test the word of God .. do
Post by Jeckyl
you not trust him?
I trust God, but I don't trust every little thing in my brain that seems
like it might be God...to actually be him. That is where I need scriptures
to test it with.

Post by Jeckyl
before accepting what God says?
It is God breathed.
And yes, everything God seems to say has to be tested against the
scriptures,
to be certain it really is God.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 01:25:41 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
God's voice is the ultimate premise.
premise: assumption
No, no one knows anything at all, and I do mean anything, until he
knows
the
ultimate premise.
That is easily disproved. There is much known by many without god or his
voice being involved.
No, hardly anyone knows anything, because they have no idea of what an
ultimate premise is...or does.
baseless assertion. And easily disproved. There is much knowledge without
the need for a so-called 'ultimate premise'.
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
He does not
Post by Mark Earnest
No one knows that, because they don't know the ultimate premise.
Noone knows it because it is untrue.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Because upon the ultimate premise is based all other
facts.
There is no fact that supports that premise.
That is because it is ultimate premise, which needs no support.
Baseless assertion.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Knowledge is like a tree.
And life is like a box of choclates
Maybe so.
Indeed .. so lets ignore that irrelevancy
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Kind of like branches in a library.
And the ultimate premise, what one hears God says in his heart, is the trunk
of that tree.
There is no scientific knowledge based on the premise that god exists.
No, but all scientific knowledge is based upon what God said to some
scientist's heart.
Baseless assertion. And scientists do not think with their hearts. Please
study some anatomy.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
There are emphatically no contradictions
in the whole and entire Bible.
There are.. they have been documented. No matter how much you
emphattically
Post by Jeckyl
deny it
Prove it.
Mark T
2007-03-19 02:45:35 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
UTTER BULLSHIT!

Prove it.
Post by Mark Earnest
A fact can only exist if it is based on yet another fact, a premise. And
that premise has to be based on yet another premise..and so on...until you
get to something God said..the ultimate premise, which needs no further
proof.
BUT .... Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
Post by Mark Earnest
everything God seems to say has to be tested against the scriptures,
... even if it is a FORGERY such as 2 Peter!!!!

Read http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/2peter.html ... if you are able
to read.

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 03:12:26 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
UTTER BULLSHIT!
Prove it.
Mt:5:8: Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

Jn:14:21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that
loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will
love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Rv:1:7: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they
also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of
him. Even so, Amen.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
that premise has to be based on yet another premise..and so on...until you
get to something God said..the ultimate premise, which needs no further
proof.
BUT .... Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
Yes it certainly is.

If you quote the Bible, you are either quoting God directly, as when God is
spoken of as speaking, or you are quoting God through man, as when Jesus
gives a parable.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
everything God seems to say has to be tested against the scriptures,
... even if it is a FORGERY such as 2 Peter!!!!
Read http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/2peter.html ... if you are able
to read.
--
The Bible ...[is] ... a collection of human responses to God (very human,
some of them all too human), which we are at liberty to use in the process
of formulating our own individual, unique response to God. We don't do that
by imitating these responses slavishly. I mean God, if he exists, doesn't
want innumerable clones of the apostle Paul. He wants us to respond to him,
each of us in our own unique way. And we can use the Bible to do that, but
we don't do it by obeying it slavishly and blindly. - Peter Cameron
"Heretic" (Doubleday; Sydney: 1994) p. 195
What is your problem with the Bible? Did it tell you that could not do
something
that you wanted to do?
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 03:30:16 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
UTTER BULLSHIT!
Prove it.
Mt:5:8: Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
Post by Mark Earnest
Rv:1:7: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they
also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of
him. Even so, Amen.
That was a vision, and prophecises something that has not yet happened.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world

Add to that that simply having it written is not proof that it is true, only
proof that it is said to be true.

Try again.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
BUT .... Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
Yes it certainly is.
If you quote the Bible, you are either quoting God directly,
God did not write any of the bible. It was written be human beings. You
may claim that they had inspiration from God, but God did not do the
writing, or the trnaslating, or the editing.
Post by Mark Earnest
as when God is
spoken of as speaking, or you are quoting God through man, as when Jesus
gives a parable.
No .. the problem is with the blatantly false claims of inerrancy.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 04:19:41 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
UTTER BULLSHIT!
Prove it.
Mt:5:8: Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It said, "...see God." Which part of "...see God" do you not understand?
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Jn:14:21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that
loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will
love him, and will manifest myself to him.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
which part of "will manifest myself to him" do you not understand?
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Rv:1:7: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they
also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of
him. Even so, Amen.
That was a vision, and prophecises something that has not yet happened.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
BUT .... Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
Yes it certainly is.
If you quote the Bible, you are either quoting God directly,
God did not write any of the bible. It was written be human beings. You
may claim that they had inspiration from God, but God did not do the
writing, or the trnaslating, or the editing.
Then on what do you base anything that you say about God?
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
as when God is
spoken of as speaking, or you are quoting God through man, as when Jesus
gives a parable.
At best third hand reports of what Jesus supposedly said.
You believe in the histories of Caesar, Columbus, and Cleopatra, don't you?
Why then don't you believe in the accuracy of the most famous man of all
time?
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
What is your problem with the Bible? Did it tell you that could not do
something that you wanted to do?
No .. the problem is with the blatantly false claims of inerrancy.
All of which you haven't even tried to prove.
Chicken.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 04:52:28 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
UTTER BULLSHIT!
Prove it.
Mt:5:8: Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It said, "...see God." Which part of "...see God" do you not understand?
None .. what part of "It says nothing about God existing visibly in this
world" do you not understand
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Rv:1:7: Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they
also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail
because
of
him. Even so, Amen.
That was a vision, and prophecises something that has not yet happened.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
God did not write any of the bible. It was written be human beings. You
may claim that they had inspiration from God, but God did not do the
writing, or the trnaslating, or the editing.
Then on what do you base anything that you say about God?
There is not much one can say about God, but when talking to people who
believe the bible, the only refernece we can use is the flawed bible. . its
al lthey accept.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
as when God is
spoken of as speaking, or you are quoting God through man, as when Jesus
gives a parable.
At best third hand reports of what Jesus supposedly said.
You believe in the histories of Caesar, Columbus, and Cleopatra, don't you?
Why then don't you believe in the accuracy of the most famous man of all
time?
Because we have phyical evidence, and first hand accounts
.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
What is your problem with the Bible? Did it tell you that could not do
something that you wanted to do?
No .. the problem is with the blatantly false claims of inerrancy.
All of which you haven't even tried to prove.
Chicken.
Haha .. you've been given lists of errors and inconsistency. My job is
done. The ball is in your court.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:05:37 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Jn:14:21: He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that
loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will
love him, and will manifest myself to him.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
which part of "will manifest myself to him" do you not understand?
None .. what part of "It says nothing about God existing visibly in this
world" do you not understand
That is a flawed statement, as it contradicts what Jesus said on the Mount.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
they
also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail
because
of
him. Even so, Amen.
That was a vision, and prophecises something that has not yet happened.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
may claim that they had inspiration from God, but God did not do the
writing, or the trnaslating, or the editing.
Then on what do you base anything that you say about God?
There is not much one can say about God, but when talking to people who
believe the bible, the only refernece we can use is the flawed bible. . its
al lthey accept.
So you say information about God is impossible, and try to impose that view
on others.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
as when God is
spoken of as speaking, or you are quoting God through man, as when Jesus
gives a parable.
At best third hand reports of what Jesus supposedly said.
You believe in the histories of Caesar, Columbus, and Cleopatra, don't you?
Why then don't you believe in the accuracy of the most famous man of all
time?
Because we have phyical evidence, and first hand accounts
We have that about biblical characters as well. They were all first hand
accounts.
They are all eye witness testimonies, passed down by word of mouth and
writing successfully through the ages.
Post by Jeckyl
.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
What is your problem with the Bible? Did it tell you that could not do
something that you wanted to do?
No .. the problem is with the blatantly false claims of inerrancy.
All of which you haven't even tried to prove.
Chicken.
Haha .. you've been given lists of errors and inconsistency. My job is
done. The ball is in your court.
Where is your proof?
Chicken.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 05:27:40 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
None .. what part of "It says nothing about God existing visibly in this
world" do you not understand
[snip]

Pointless game .. you have proved nothing.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
That was a vision, and prophecises something that has not yet happened.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where .. can YOU see him? Do you also hear voices?
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
God did not write any of the bible. It was written be human beings.
You
may claim that they had inspiration from God, but God did not do the
writing, or the trnaslating, or the editing.
Then on what do you base anything that you say about God?
There is not much one can say about God, but when talking to people who
believe the bible, the only refernece we can use is the flawed bible. .
its al lthey accept.
So you say information about God is impossible, and try to impose that view
on others.
Straw man.

I am not trying to impose anything on anyone other than the fact that the is
not inerrant.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Because we have phyical evidence, and first hand accounts
We have that about biblical characters as well. They were all first hand
accounts.
We have nothing written by Jesus .. we have only third ahdn accounts at
best.
Post by Mark Earnest
passed down by word of mouth
Exactly.. they are not first hand accounts.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
What is your problem with the Bible? Did it tell you that could not
do something that you wanted to do?
No .. the problem is with the blatantly false claims of inerrancy.
All of which you haven't even tried to prove.
Chicken.
Haha .. you've been given lists of errors and inconsistency. My job is
done. The ball is in your court.
Where is your proof?
Chicken.
I've have supplied it. Where's yours?
Chicken
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 05:49:45 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Pointless game .. you have proved nothing.
Also note that quoting what the bible says is not proof that it is true.
Post by Jeckyl
I am not trying to impose anything on anyone other than the fact that the
is not inerrant.
typos .. sorry.

I am not trying to impose anything on anyone other than the fact that the
BIBLE
is not inerrant.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:54:41 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
That was a vision, and prophecises something that has not yet happened.
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.

.. can YOU see him?

Yes.

Do you also hear voices?

No.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
passed down by word of mouth
Exactly.. they are not first hand accounts.
Try this: read one story from the Bible, and see if an image of it forms in
your mind.
That is the image that was passed down over thousands of years.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Chicken
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 06:36:57 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.
And I say nowhere .. Do you have evidence for where god is visible .. or is
he only visible to you?
Post by Mark Earnest
.. can YOU see him?
Yes.
Show me .. take a photo and post it.
Irrelevant
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 23:53:28 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.
And I say nowhere .. Do you have evidence for where god is visible .. or is
he only visible to you?
I said he was everywhere. If you can't see him you are blind.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
.. can YOU see him?
Yes.
Show me .. take a photo and post it.
Would do no good. All you would see is what is apparently a human being.
You have to look him in the eyes to know it is him.
Then logic is just what I thought to you: irrelevant.
Jeckyl
2007-03-20 00:18:25 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.
And I say nowhere .. Do you have evidence for where god is visible .. or
is he only visible to you?
I said he was everywhere. If you can't see him you are blind.
If you propose that he is everywhere, and exists visibly, but I cannot see
him, then your proposition is proven false.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
.. can YOU see him?
Yes.
Show me .. take a photo and post it.
Would do no good. All you would see is what is apparently a human being.
You have to look him in the eyes to know it is him.
So .. god is a paritcular person that you have met? He must get aroud, as
you say he is everywhere.

More inconstistent nonsense .. you apepar to retreat to bull and waffle when
you know you have nothing sensible left to say.
Eh? that makes no sense.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-20 00:38:38 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.
And I say nowhere .. Do you have evidence for where god is visible .. or
is he only visible to you?
I said he was everywhere. If you can't see him you are blind.
If you propose that he is everywhere, and exists visibly, but I cannot see
him, then your proposition is proven false.
No, it means you are blind. No matter. Most everyone is.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
.. can YOU see him?
Yes.
Show me .. take a photo and post it.
Would do no good. All you would see is what is apparently a human being.
You have to look him in the eyes to know it is him.
So .. god is a paritcular person that you have met? He must get aroud, as
you say he is everywhere.
He does.
Eh? that makes no sense.
Jeckyl
2007-03-20 01:00:15 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.
And I say nowhere .. Do you have evidence for where god is visible ..
or is he only visible to you?
I said he was everywhere. If you can't see him you are blind.
If you propose that he is everywhere, and exists visibly, but I cannot see
him, then your proposition is proven false.
No, it means you are blind. No matter. Most everyone is.
I know I am not blind .. therefore your argument fails. The only other
exaplanation is that this is a vision of god that appears in your mind, and
therefore not "existing visbily".
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
So .. god is a paritcular person that you have met? He must get aroud, as
you say he is everywhere.
He does.
So is he here with me in this room. If not, then he is not everywhere. He
is not here, so case against proven.

Your claim is absolutely refuted.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-20 01:17:33 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.
And I say nowhere .. Do you have evidence for where god is visible ..
or is he only visible to you?
I said he was everywhere. If you can't see him you are blind.
If you propose that he is everywhere, and exists visibly, but I cannot see
him, then your proposition is proven false.
No, it means you are blind. No matter. Most everyone is.
I know I am not blind .. therefore your argument fails. The only other
exaplanation is that this is a vision of god that appears in your mind, and
therefore not "existing visbily".
That means spiritually blind, which most atheists are.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
is not here, so case against proven.
Your claim is absolutely refuted.
He is everywhere in the spirit, but he also manifests intermittently
everywhere.
Jeckyl
2007-03-20 01:34:00 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
It says nothing about God existing visibly in this world
It is already starting to happen.
Really .. so where is he?
Everywhere you go.
Where
I said everywhere.
And I say nowhere .. Do you have evidence for where god is visible
or is he only visible to you?
I said he was everywhere. If you can't see him you are blind.
If you propose that he is everywhere, and exists visibly, but I cannot see
him, then your proposition is proven false.
No, it means you are blind. No matter. Most everyone is.
I know I am not blind .. therefore your argument fails. The only other
exaplanation is that this is a vision of god that appears in your mind,
and therefore not "existing visbily".
That means spiritually blind, which most atheists are.
And that proves my point that you are wrong to claim God exists visibly.
its only a vision to those who are believers
Post by Mark Earnest
You're shifting the goal posts .. your original claim is refuted.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-20 01:52:44 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
see
him, then your proposition is proven false.
No, it means you are blind. No matter. Most everyone is.
I know I am not blind .. therefore your argument fails. The only other
exaplanation is that this is a vision of god that appears in your mind,
and therefore not "existing visbily".
That means spiritually blind, which most atheists are.
And that proves my point that you are wrong to claim God exists visibly.
its only a vision to those who are believers
You have to have spiritual vision to see God visibly.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
No shift at all. You just failed to understand what I was saying.
Mark T
2007-03-19 03:34:14 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
UTTER BULLSHIT!
Prove it.
<snippeth Bible Verse Vomit>

A Bible Verse does not PROVE anything.

HOWEVER ... since you believe the bible is a "quote from God" ....
(John 1:18, 6:46) No one has ever seen God.

(1TIM6:16) God is un-seeable

(I John 4:12) No one has ever seen God.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
Yes it certainly is.
If you quote the Bible, you are either quoting God directly, as when God is
spoken of as speaking, or you are quoting God through man, as when Jesus
gives a parable.
"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." Malachi
2:3

OBVIOUSLY this is as inspired by God as John 3:16 ... and should be quoted
as often!

The following are the QUOTES FROM GOD!!!!

PSALMS

"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
stones." 137:9

If you ask God, he'll force heathens to be your slaves and help you "dash
them in pieces." 2:8-9

God has smitten his "enemies upon the cheek bone" and has "broken the teeth
of the ungodly." 3:7

Kiss the Son or God will get angry and might have to kill you. 2:12

Christians often say that one should love the sinner but hate the sin.
Perhaps, but God hates sinners and plans to destroy them. 5:5-6

God has prepared deadly weapons (swords, bows, etc.) and plans to use them.
7:11-13

If you pray to God, he will kill your enemies for you. 9:3-6

God will rain fire and brimstone on "wicked" folks. 11:6

The God of peace teaches us how to kill our neighbors in war. 18:34

If you make God angry, he'll burn you and your children to death. 21:9-10

God will shoot his adversaries in the back with his arrows. 21:12

A sweet prayer for the destruction of one's enemies: Let their way be dark
and slippery: and let the angel of the LORD persecute them.... Let
destruction come upon him at unawares." 35:6,8

If you forget God, God will tear you into pieces. 50:22

If you don't trust in God, he'll kill you and while you're dying the
"righteous" will laugh at you. 52:5-7

Referring to his enemies, the psalmist says: "Let death seize upon them, and
let them go down quick into hell." 55:15

The psalmist devoutly prays: "Break their teeth, O God, in their mouth ...
let them be cut in pieces." 58:6-7

The psalmist asks God to kill all "the heathen" and not show them any mercy.
59:5

"The righteous" will rejoice when he sees "the wicked" being dismembered by
God. He'll even get a chance to wash his feet in their blood. Now that's
entertainment! 58:10

"The God of mercy" will let the psalmist see his enemies tormented. 59:10

"Consume them in thy wrath, consume them." -- more sweet prayers to a savage
god. 59:13

God will "wound the head of his enemies" so that the righteous can wash
their feet "in the blood of thine enemies, and the tongue of thy dogs in the
same." 68:21, 23

The psalmist prays that his enemies be tormented and blinded by God. He asks
God to "make their loins continually to shake." 69:23-28

"The LORD heard this" (he had his hearing aid on) and became angry, and
burned people "because they believed not in God." 78:21-22

"The wrath of God came upon them" and God killed many of the Israelites for
not believing in "his wondrous works." 78:31-34

The psalmist asks God to " do unto them as unto the Midianites ... which
became as dung for the earth." 83:9-18

If you don't follow God's commandments, he will beat you with a rod.
89:31-32

"I will ... destroy all the wicked of the land." 101:8

God gives the lions their meat. The cruelty and brutality of nature are all
part of God's plan. 104:21

The psalmist recounts God's treatment of the Egyptians: "He smote the
firstborn in their land." See Ex.12:29-30 for the gory details. 105:29-36

God is praised for the creative ways that he kills people: drowning,
earth-swallowing, burning, etc. 106:11-19

God sent a plague on the Israelites for "committing whoredom with the
daughters of Moab." But "then stood up Phinehas, and executed judgment [by
throwing a spear through a newly married couple]: and so the plague was
stayed." But not before 24,000 (1 Cor.10:8 says 23,000) had died. (See
Num.25:6-9 for all the gory details.) 106:29-30

The psalmist asks God to do all sorts of unpleasant things to his enemies.
"Set thou a wicked man over him; and let Satan stand at his right hand ....
Let his prayer become sin." He asks God to take away his possessions, kill
him, and have his children suffer for the sins of their fathers. 109:6-14

God will "fill the places with dead bodies" of heathens. 110:6

God is praised for slaughtering kings, nations, and little babies. 135:8, 10

"To him that smote Egypt in their first born: for his mercy endures
forever." 136:10

God "overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red sea: for his mercy endureth
for ever." 136:15

God "smote great kings: for his mercy endureth for ever." 136:17-18

The psalmist excels at hating. He hates people with a "perfect hatred" and
asks God to kill them. 139:19-22

A prayer that God will burn people to death. 140:10

The God of Peace teaches us to kill each other in war. 144:1

he saints praise God while they kill and enslave "the heathen." 149:5-8

from http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/cruelty/long.html

AND ....

God likes forgeries!!!! 2 Peter was not written by Peter.
Post by Mark Earnest
What is your problem with the Bible?
It is man-made and fallible but fundamentalists erroneously think it is the
"inerrant word of God"

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 04:32:13 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
Did you know, for example, that God exists visibly in this world?
UTTER BULLSHIT!
Prove it.
<snippeth Bible Verse Vomit>
A Bible Verse does not PROVE anything.
HOWEVER ... since you believe the bible is a "quote from God" ....
(John 1:18, 6:46) No one has ever seen God.
Not in his full glory. But some have seen him, like Abraham. We saw him
through a filter.
Post by Mark T
(1TIM6:16) God is un-seeable
In his full glory, of course.
Post by Mark T
(I John 4:12) No one has ever seen God.
Not in his full glory.

But one day soon all men will see God, and in his full glory, and it will
simply be understood that the days when no one has seen God has passed.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
is
spoken of as speaking, or you are quoting God through man, as when Jesus
gives a parable.
"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces." Malachi
2:3
Happens every time a man is buried.
Post by Mark T
OBVIOUSLY this is as inspired by God as John 3:16 ... and should be quoted
as often!
The following are the QUOTES FROM GOD!!!!
PSALMS
"Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the
stones." 137:9
You don't know what "little ones" are. It could be dwarven murderers for
all you know.
Post by Mark T
If you ask God, he'll force heathens to be your slaves and help you "dash
them in pieces." 2:8-9
He is talking about dashing empires, something which noble nations have
always been rightly commisioned to do against wicked empires, as is even
true today.

<Snipped rest of bullshit>

I told you I would only argue with you one point at a time.
I will not assist you with flooding this group with deception.
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
What is your problem with the Bible?
It is man-made and fallible but fundamentalists erroneously think it is the
"inerrant word of God"
But why did you decide the Bible was in error: do you have your brother's
wife
or something?
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 04:53:47 UTC
Because it obviously is. . Maybe you should try reading it sometime.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:06:41 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
But why did you decide the Bible was in error: do you have your brother's
wife or something?
Because it obviously is. . Maybe you should try reading it sometime.
I have. And by it God speaks to me.

How does God speak to you without it?
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 05:28:41 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
wife or something?
Because it obviously is. . Maybe you should try reading it sometime.
I have. And by it God speaks to me.
How does God speak to you without it?
The bible has inconsistencies .. that you may hear god speaking to you (with
or without the bible) is irrelevant.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:55:50 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
wife or something?
Because it obviously is. . Maybe you should try reading it sometime.
I have. And by it God speaks to me.
How does God speak to you without it?
The bible has inconsistencies .. that you may hear god speaking to you (with
or without the bible) is irrelevant.
It is an issue as to whether or not God speaks to you.
It is an issue with everyone.
That is how one proves something: by what God says.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 06:37:57 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
The bible has inconsistencies .. that you may hear god speaking to you
(with or without the bible) is irrelevant.
It is an issue as to whether or not God speaks to you.
Irrelevant wrt inerrancy of the bible
It is an issue with everyone.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 23:54:16 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
The bible has inconsistencies .. that you may hear god speaking to you
(with or without the bible) is irrelevant.
It is an issue as to whether or not God speaks to you.
Irrelevant wrt inerrancy of the bible
It is an issue with everyone.
Facts are irrelevant to you, too, then.
Jeckyl
2007-03-20 00:19:09 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
The bible has inconsistencies .. that you may hear god speaking to you
(with or without the bible) is irrelevant.
It is an issue as to whether or not God speaks to you.
Irrelevant wrt inerrancy of the bible
It is an issue with everyone.
Post by Mark Earnest
That is how one proves something: by what God says.
Irrelevant wrt inerrancy of the bible
Facts are irrelevant to you, too, then.
No .. some facts are relevant. When you present some facts, then we can
progress.
Jude *+* Alexander
2007-03-19 01:04:44 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
we now know and observe to be true.
No, there are emphatically no contradictions in the Bible. People who think
they are are in fact applying their own definitions to words, rather than
understanding what God is really saying. Not to mention allowable
differences in perspective.
Oh, yeah? I've got literally HUNDREDS more than the one following:

IS TIMNA A DAUGHTER, CONCUBINE OR SON?

Genesis, Chapter 36
"1": Now these are the generations of Esau, who is Edom. "2": Esau took
his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite,
and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite; "3":
And Bashemath Ishmael's daughter, sister of Nebajoth. "4": And Adah bare to
Esau Eliphaz; and Bashemath bare Reuel;

Genesis, Chapter 36
"11": And the sons of Eliphaz were Teman, Omar, Zepho, and Gatam, and
Kenaz. "12": And Timna was concubine to Eliphaz Esau's son; and she bare
to Eliphaz Amalek: these were the sons of Adah Esau's wife.

(Esau with Adah [the daughter of Elon the Hittite] begat Eliphaz. Eliphaz
with Timna [his concubine] begat Amalek. Eliphaz with ? begat Teman,
Omar, Zepho, Gatam and Kenaz. Altogether, Eliphaz had SIX sons. The text
appears to say that Eliphaz' sons are also Adah sons, his father's wife,
and would be a death sentence for such a relationship.)

1 Chronicles, Chapter 1
"35": The sons of Esau; Eliphaz, Reuel, and Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah.
"36": The sons of Eliphaz; Teman, and Omar, Zephi, and Gatam, Kenaz, and
Timna, and Amalek.

(Eliphaz has SEVEN sons which oddly includes Timna, his concubine.)
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 01:42:50 UTC
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
[...]
Did you ever hear of a person named Lee? "Lee" can be man or woman's name.
And didn't it occur to you that there can be more than one person named Lee?
Happens all the time in real life.

Contradictions?
You're just going to have to try harder than that.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 02:02:31 UTC
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy,
as
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
holy
things
go.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
[...]
And irrelevant. The actual name does not matter. Genesis list six sons,
Chronicles list seven. Both cannot be correct. That is a contradiction.
Likewise
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 03:15:31 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy,
as
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
holy
things
go.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
Post by Jude *+* Alexander
[...]
Evidently one writer only learned from God about six of them, and another
writer only learned from God about seven of them.

There may indeed have even been eight. Just because God does not tell us
something is by no means an indicator of a contradiction.
Likewise
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 03:32:05 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
And irrelevant. The actual name does not matter. Genesis list six sons,
Chronicles list seven. Both cannot be correct. That is a contradiction.
Evidently one writer only learned from God about six of them, and another
writer only learned from God about seven of them.
So God lied to them .. no wonder the bible is full of errors and
inconsitencie if God cannot get it right
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Contradictions?
You're just going to have to try harder than that.
Likewise
No need to .. plenty of links provided to long lists of contradictions. The
work is done for me .. I can sit back and relax and watch you try to show
that they are not what they are.
Mark T
2007-03-19 03:45:41 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
And irrelevant. The actual name does not matter. Genesis list six sons,
Chronicles list seven. Both cannot be correct. That is a
contradiction.
Evidently one writer only learned from God about six of them, and another
writer only learned from God about seven of them.
So God lied to them .. no wonder the bible is full of errors and
inconsitencie if God cannot get it right
Must be since the bible is full of "quotes from God" and is the "inerrant
Word of God" Who can we blame for the CONTRADICTIONS??? It can't be the
human writers! It MUST be God. ;-)
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Contradictions?
You're just going to have to try harder than that.
Likewise
No need to .. plenty of links provided to long lists of contradictions.
The work is done for me .. I can sit back and relax and watch you try to
show that they are not what they are.
Yep! Here they are again. Mark Earnest cannot answer ANY of them!

NOTE: It only takes ONE ERROR for mark Earnest's theory to fall to the
ground in a heap ... and there are MANY errors in the Bible displayed on
these pages .....................

Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 04:34:51 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Evidently one writer only learned from God about six of them, and another
writer only learned from God about seven of them.
So God lied to them .. no wonder the bible is full of errors and
inconsitencie if God cannot get it right
To hold back information is not to lie.
God also held back knowledge of the day and hour of his coming.
Is this holding back a lie, too?
No.
Post by Jeckyl
work is done for me .. I can sit back and relax and watch you try to show
that they are not what they are.
Wrong again. I will not address your links unless you bring them to me one
at a time. I will not dig up your bullshit, IOW. This group has enough of
it already.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 04:56:02 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
To hold back information is not to lie.
God also held back knowledge of the day and hour of his coming.
Is this holding back a lie, too?
No.
So god deliberately introduced errors into the bible. . therefore is is not
inerrant, it is in error. Thansk for that
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
No need to .. plenty of links provided to long lists of contradictions.
The work is done for me .. I can sit back and relax and watch you try to
show that they are not what they are.
Wrong again. I will not address your links unless you bring them to me one
at a time.
Coward
Pot calling the kettle black there.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:09:45 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
To hold back information is not to lie.
God also held back knowledge of the day and hour of his coming.
Is this holding back a lie, too?
No.
So god deliberately introduced errors into the bible. . therefore is is not
inerrant, it is in error. Thansk for that
non sequitor
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
No need to .. plenty of links provided to long lists of contradictions.
The work is done for me .. I can sit back and relax and watch you try to
show that they are not what they are.
Wrong again. I will not address your links unless you bring them to me one
at a time.
Coward
It is not cowardly to refrain from dumping cow dung in the middle of the
city where people and children are playing.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 05:31:13 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
To hold back information is not to lie.
God also held back knowledge of the day and hour of his coming.
Is this holding back a lie, too?
No.
So god deliberately introduced errors into the bible. . therefore is is
not inerrant, it is in error. Thansk for that
non sequitor
No .. it is a logical conclusion from your statements. There is a
contradiction there, you claim god witheld information. So either he did
that by acciednt, or deliberately introduced errors (by ommiting the truth).
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
No need to .. plenty of links provided to long lists of
contradictions.
The work is done for me .. I can sit back and relax and watch you try
to show that they are not what they are.
Wrong again. I will not address your links unless you bring them to me
one at a time.
Coward
It is not cowardly to refrain from dumping cow dung in the middle of the
city where people and children are playing.
Ok .. you want links one at a time. Start here

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html

I await our reply
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 05:58:32 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
To hold back information is not to lie.
God also held back knowledge of the day and hour of his coming.
Is this holding back a lie, too?
No.
So god deliberately introduced errors into the bible. . therefore is is
not inerrant, it is in error. Thansk for that
non sequitor
No .. it is a logical conclusion from your statements. There is a
contradiction there, you claim god witheld information. So either he did
that by acciednt, or deliberately introduced errors (by ommiting the truth).
I suppose that God caused the errors of the many predictions of the date of
his second coming by withholding the day and hour of his coming, too?

Non sequitor
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
I don't click on links except by people I trust.
Jeckyl
2007-03-19 06:39:52 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
To hold back information is not to lie.
God also held back knowledge of the day and hour of his coming.
Is this holding back a lie, too?
No.
So god deliberately introduced errors into the bible. . therefore is is
not inerrant, it is in error. Thansk for that
non sequitor
No .. it is a logical conclusion from your statements. There is a
contradiction there, you claim god witheld information. So either he did
that by acciednt, or deliberately introduced errors (by ommiting the
truth).
I suppose that God caused the errors of the many predictions of the date of
his second coming by withholding the day and hour of his coming, too?
Non sequitor
False. Mine is a logical conclusion from the previous statments.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
You are showing yourself to be a coward and liar.
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 23:56:14 UTC
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Mark Earnest
To hold back information is not to lie.
God also held back knowledge of the day and hour of his coming.
Is this holding back a lie, too?
No.
So god deliberately introduced errors into the bible. . therefore is is
not inerrant, it is in error. Thansk for that
non sequitor
No .. it is a logical conclusion from your statements. There is a
contradiction there, you claim god witheld information. So either he did
that by acciednt, or deliberately introduced errors (by ommiting the
truth).
I suppose that God caused the errors of the many predictions of the date of
his second coming by withholding the day and hour of his coming, too?
Non sequitor
False. Mine is a logical conclusion from the previous statments.
No it isn't. It only proves that God does not put all facts in the Bible.
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
Post by Jeckyl
I don't jump off a building just to show how brave I am.
Mark T
2007-03-19 03:40:09 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Genesis list six sons, Chronicles list seven. Both cannot be correct.
That is a >>contradiction.
Evidently one writer only learned from God about six of them, and another
writer only learned from God about seven of them.
There may indeed have even been eight. Just because God does not tell us
something is by no means an indicator of a contradiction.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Try using that lame excuse in a history exam at uni level! You'll fail!!!!

It is most definitely a CONTRADICTION.

6 does not equal 7.

One of the buggers is false either intentionally or unitentionally.
--
"We're Christians! We're not supposed to think!" Fanny Wype ("Nudist Colony
Of The Dead")

Andrew W
2007-03-20 09:07:25 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
reality or a book?
The Bible does not contradict reality. It is reality. And that is why man
so often cannot stand it. Man wants the easy way.
The Bible does contradict reality, but you are too snow blinded to see it.
The following verse proves it.

"And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that
every imagination of his heart was only evil continually."

It is patently false.
There are very few people in the world who's "every imagination" (or
otherwise) is "continually" evil.
There are many good people in the world who go out of their way to help
others, e.g. charity workers.

Barry OGrady
2007-03-18 09:40:04 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
Is God still holy now that he is a failed creator?

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
I do not represent atheists or atheism
Mark Earnest
Just because man screwed up does not mean that God screwed up.
Barry OGrady
2007-03-19 03:03:06 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
Is God still holy now that he is a failed creator?
Just because man screwed up does not mean that God screwed up.
Unless God created man.

Barry
=====
Mark Earnest
2007-03-19 03:39:57 UTC
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Mark Earnest
On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 23:06:34 -0600, "Mark Earnest"
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as
holy
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
Is God still holy now that he is a failed creator?
Just because man screwed up does not mean that God screwed up.
Unless God created man.
No correlation. Just because God created man does not make God responsible
for what man has done with his great gift by God of a free will.
Andrew W
2007-03-20 09:21:16 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as
holy
Post by Barry OGrady
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mettas Mother
Post by Mark Earnest
things
go.
the holy book of pornography?
NAUGHTY WORDS IN THE BIBLE ..........
The Bible is holy, but it talks about unholy man.
Is God still holy now that he is a failed creator?
Just because man screwed up does not mean that God screwed up.
Unless God created man.
No correlation. Just because God created man does not make God responsible
for what man has done with his great gift by God of a free will.
That's just like saying that a software programmer is not responsible for
his software failing because of a serious bug.
Or a car manufacturer not responsible for its new car being a lemon.

Mark T

Mark Earnest
2007-03-18 05:08:35 UTC
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
CRAP!
Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
The parts where God is talking is.
The narration is also done by the Almighty.
What else is there?
Mark T
2007-03-18 05:42:23 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy
things go.
CRAP!
Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
The parts where God is talking is.
You think the finite human Jesus of Nazareth is the infinite One God Yahweh

SO ...........................

Jesus said in Matthew 5:42, "Give to him that asketh thee, and from
him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away." May I have your house
and car and may I borrow your most prized possession?

Waiting for you to follow "God's word" in the Bible ......

Mark Earnest
Sorry, you are not asking, you are trying to manipulate and steal.
Andrew W
2007-03-18 09:26:08 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
CRAP!
Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
The parts where God is talking is.
How can you verify which parts those are?
Post by Mark Earnest
The narration is also done by the Almighty.
The narration was done by the people, many whom had ego distorted minds.
Which makes the Bible unreliable at best.
Post by Mark Earnest
What else is there?
The truth.
Which you have to search for everywhere, not just in one convenient mass
produced book.

Mark Earnest
2007-03-18 19:22:22 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
CRAP!
Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
The parts where God is talking is.
How can you verify which parts those are?
"Thus sayeth the Lord," for example, and whatever Jesus says.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
The narration is also done by the Almighty.
The narration was done by the people, many whom had ego distorted minds.
Which makes the Bible unreliable at best.
No, the narration is done by God himself.
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
What else is there?
The truth.
Which you have to search for everywhere, not just in one convenient mass
produced book.
True, the Bible is not the whole of truth.
But it certainly gets you started.
Andrew W
2007-03-20 09:25:21 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Mark T
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
CRAP!
Quoting the Bible is NOT quoting God.
The parts where God is talking is.
How can you verify which parts those are?
"Thus sayeth the Lord," for example, and whatever Jesus says.
Anyone can write the words "Thus sayeth the Lord" into a book, and anyone
can put words into the mouth of one who's no longer around to refute it.
Post by Mark Earnest
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
The narration is also done by the Almighty.
The narration was done by the people, many whom had ego distorted minds.
Which makes the Bible unreliable at best.
No, the narration is done by God himself.
Whatever you say Mark.

Andrew W
2007-03-18 09:14:26 UTC
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
What does the word "holy" mean?

Mark Earnest
2007-03-18 19:23:56 UTC
Post by Andrew W
Post by Mark Earnest
The Bible is not God, but the Bible is very, extremely holy, as holy things
go.
What does the word "holy" mean?
Pure, consecrated, extremely worthy of respect because of direct causation
and blessedness by Almighty God himself.
Mary Walker
2007-03-18 08:39:02 UTC
Christians are morons, brainwashed by their parents.

The bible is full of bloodshed, contradictions and mistranslation. The God
of the old testament is written as a Jewish, bloodthirsty warlord who has
used water as a weapon of mass destruction when he flooded the world killing
many hundreds of thousands of people.

History has shown that the christians are capable of holy wars, terrible
inquisitions - and all in the name of "christ" (who was really, quite
likely, just some bloke (live with it)).

As you say, a God who goes around telling parents to kill their children is
only worthy of contempt. A God who is invisible is only worthy of ridicule.
A god who thinks having nails bashed through the hands of his son could save
anybody must be a blithering idiot. A god who allows tsumanis, earthquakes
is only worthy of hate. A god which asks for worship is only worthy of
being ignored.

The christian god has no qualities whatsoever which make it worthy of any
worship. Therefore the christians are morons.
duke
2007-03-18 13:46:23 UTC
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 12:03:14 +1100, "Andrew W"
Post by Andrew W
There are many indicators showing that the Christian Bible god is not the
true Creator, and below is one of the most obvious ones. Why Christians
insist on being so blind no one knows for sure.
We're the ones that are right.

duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
m***@sbcglobal.net
2007-03-18 21:45:57 UTC
Post by Andrew W
There are many indicators showing that the Christian Bible god is not the
true Creator, and below is one of the most obvious ones. Why Christians
insist on being so blind no one knows for sure.
We're the ones that are right.
...and wrong, just like everyone else.....
Post by duke
duke, American-American
*****
Pope Paul VI
*****
swa@ozemail.com.au
2007-03-18 22:58:58 UTC
Post by Andrew W
There are many indicators showing that the Christian
Bible god is not the true Creator, and below is one of
the most obvious ones. Why Christians
insist on being so blind no one knows for sure.
Andrew,
as you reject the 'Christian Bible God' Who do you say created the
Universe and all organisms on the earth????

It could well be that Christians are not the ones who are 'blind'
spiritually.
That would be the ones who reject the 'Christian God'.
Post by duke
We're the ones that are right.
Pope Paul VI
Duke, I am aware that you use the above in all of your postings. I do
not accept that the Mass is the most perfect form of remembrance of
the last supper that Jesus had with his disciples before His
crucifixion.
The leaders of the Roman Catholic Church have added to the teachings
of the New Testament. When Jesus said to His disciples that the bread
and wine were His body and blood it is obvious that He was speaking
metaphorically, symbolically.
Transubstantiation was never intended. When the Pope and his cardinals
and other bishops at the Vatican can understand that, it will be a
step towards that denomination recognising the work of the reformers
from Wycliffe in England to Luther in Germany and many others, in the
restoration of New Testament Christianity (despite the problems
experienced along the way!)

Luke 18 : 9 - 14
Jesus spoke this parable
to certain who trusted in themselves,
"Two men went up to the temple to pray;
...a Pharisee... and a publican.
The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself,
"God, I thank Thee that I am not as other men are..."

And the publican standing afar off,
would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven...
saying, "God be merciful to me, a sinner."

I tell you, this man went down to his house justified,
rather than the other,
for everyone who exalts himself shall be abased,
and every one who humbles himself shall be exalted."

Gladys Swager
Andrew W
2007-03-20 09:51:16 UTC
Post by Andrew W
There are many indicators showing that the Christian
Bible god is not the true Creator, and below is one of
the most obvious ones. Why Christians
insist on being so blind no one knows for sure.
Andrew,
as you reject the 'Christian Bible God' Who do you say created the
Universe and all organisms on the earth????
Not a 'who'.
For a start, the universe was not created (meaning popped into existence),
it was formed, over eons.
And it was not formed by a person as Christians think, but the energy of
consciousness.
Everything is energy, even matter, and consciousness controls energy, thus
consciousness through energy formed matter by coalescing energy gradually
over time.
Post by ***@ozemail.com.au
It could well be that Christians are not the ones who are 'blind'
spiritually.
That would be the ones who reject the 'Christian God'.
Christians are not spiritual. They are religious. Religiosity is not
spirituality.
I suggest you and other Chrtistians do some spiritual studies to learn about
the politics of the spiritual realm.
You can learn a lot about spirituality by reading (or listening to if you
download utorrent) "A Course in Miracles".
http://www.fipdata.org/index.html

There is also some good recently channelled info from the Christ
consciousness in the first two links below.
Post by ***@ozemail.com.au
Gladys Swager

Andrew W
2007-03-20 09:33:31 UTC
Post by Andrew W
There are many indicators showing that the Christian Bible god is not the
true Creator, and below is one of the most obvious ones. Why Christians
insist on being so blind no one knows for sure.
We're the ones that are right.
That's your arrogance and bigotry talking.
You haven't even looked at everything in the world to properly decide what
the truth is.
You just stopped at the first religious doctrine that came along and clung
to it like a child to his mother.
Post by duke
duke, American-American
*****